Monday, December 20, 2010

Randomness

I'm taking BabyE to the doctor today to see what is up with this cough that will not let up.  It's been an ongoing battle for the past 8 weeks.  Maybe he's had a few colds that are running together - at least that's all I'm hoping it is!

Baby E in the FIRST sink bath in the new kitchen.

In other news: the kitchen remodel is DONE!  Well, Big J still has to put up trim around the floor, and we have to paint the door, but other than that, we are finished!

View from the entry - the hood over the range is still covered in white plastic - it is
stainless steel to match the rest of the appliances. 

view from the breakfast nook - The door on the left goes down to the basement, but I have to get it painted
before we put it back on.  the huge butcher block was from our old house - I couldn't bear to part with it!

I finally got all my Christmas presents wrapped up and ready to go - I fell a little behind because this is the year of the home-made gifts......My brother and sister and I (and our spouses) exchanged names as usual, but there were rules.  We are only allowed to spend $10 and the gift we give has to come from either a second-hand store or be something we make.  It should be an entertaining Christmas morning (to say the least).  Last year we had to make the gifts and there were some very creative presents exchanged.  There was a sweatshirt and CD of the "Kringle Kris" aka my little brother; an adorable frame with a photo of BabyE - a gift from my sister-in-law; a set of dressed up golf-club covers; a home-made cookbook; a set of hand-spun wooden darts; and there was one more, but I can't seem to remember what it was!  It was really fun, and a good way to not spend a fortune on gifts :)



We will be trekking up north (how much farther NORTH can we get from here??) to my sister's on Christmas Eve for the festivities.  Have a safe and Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Your kitchen looks beautiful!! Very nicely done! Hope Baby E is okay & not sick with something. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas too - can't wait to see pictures & video of E with presents, etc. He will be so much FUN this year!!! :) Give him hugs for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchenlooks great! Let me know how Baby E is. Our Baby E was diagnosed with asthma at 22 mos old. He had a cough that wouldn't go away for over a month. All 3 of my boys have asthma that comes on at the end of acold. They are very well maintained with meds. I just start to dose them up when a cold starts.

    Hope all is well and thank you for your visit today. Nice to know you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Mins! I hope BabyE just has a cold that is hanging on. When they are little they seem to go from one cold to another. I know how worrisome it is though to have him coughing all the time.

    I LOVE your kitchen and can't wait to see it in person. Right after the Holidays, I hope. I am so far behind it isn't funny....and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your sink. I wish you had some before pictures to post of the kitchen because people wouldn't believe it was the same one.

    Love you and can't wait to see you Christmas morning- Hugs- Mom

    ReplyDelete