Sunday, April 11, 2010

They grow up so fast.

Time flies! It seems like just yesterday that my sister, Tara, was pregnant with our little Alana.
Today was Alana's first communion - a big milestone for those of the catholic faith (of which I am not, but that's another subject, entirely). At any rate, little miss Alana looked SO sweet in her white dress and hand-made veil. I let her borrow my "wedding" purse and a pair of white gloves from my great-grandmother that I found in a box of things marked "memories". She was quite the vision. And such a little girlie-girl too, all ribbons and lace. The polar opposite of my sister (her mother) at that age. You see, Tara was what one might call a tom-boy. She decided a few days before HER first communion to climb a tree or some other such nonsense and the fall from said tree (or perhaps it was a bike, or a swing, or a picnic table) resulted in matching Band-Aids on both elbows.....she still looked cute, just a little rough around the edges. I can see the same thing happening to her youngest daughter - who is actually a LOT like Tara - in the trouble making sense, anyway.

Baby E was a gem during the mass. He decided that the best thing to do was to flirt with the lady in the pew behind us. He smiled and cooed at her and stood up in his seat facing backwards in order to stare at her with those big blue eyes. He also sang along every time the music started. It was more than just cute. We (okay, I) made him wear his seersucker suit with the yellow tie - what a lady-killer. I'm going to have my hands full with this little boy. I can already see him giving away my jewelry to all his "girlfriends" at pre-school.

His second tooth is FINALLY through and once again, I have my happy-go-lucky baby back. We're heading to Florida next Saturday and I'm really hoping that there will be no more teeth coming until after we get back. I can't think of a single thing I would like less than sitting on an airplane with a teething baby.

I feel kind of bad posting this with no picture, but I don't have access to one right now - maybe I can get my little brother to send me some of the shots he got today of Baby E.....hint, hint, Ryan.

1 comment:

  1. I think you might have a MamasBoy on your hands-Watch Out!!!

    ReplyDelete